Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Knitted Easter Wishes


Hi blogging friendsFrom Millan.Net

Happy Easter everyone!

I have been a busy little bee putting the finishing touches to some Easter gifts and an Easter card for my daughter.  I have been knitting some ducklings after I go to bed at night so I could hide what I was knitting for her.  It was sooooo hard to get decent photos today because the weather turned cold and it was so dull but I hope you like my creations.

First up, here is the yellow duckling:


The pattern is out of a book by Jane Bull called "Crafty Creatures" published in 2013 - which is meant to be a craft book for kids but I really love it.  I originally borrowed the book out of my local Library but my daughter and I loved it so much that I bought the book.  I have quite a number of books by Jane Bull and always found them detailed and well-written.  Anyway, I have had my eye on the knitted ducklings in the book and thought they would be fun for Easter.  It is simple garter stitch and knitted in one piece using 8 ply yarn and the pattern was very easy to follow and was quick.

Once you finish your knitting, you simply sew it up and stuff just the head but leave the rest of the duck because you put in your Easter egg through the bottom to fill the gap:  a fun little surprise!  I glued on the felt beak and the 4mm bead eyes with Fabric glue.  Here is a pic of the bottom filled with an Easter egg:


Because my daughter loves rainbows, I knitted a duck with rainbow yarn as well just for a bit of fun:


Then all I had to do was decorate the baskets:



The baskets, little chicks, green and yellow shredded paper (and the Easter eggs which are at the bottom of the box) all came from Woolworths - the yellow ribbon is from my stash.  Here is a pic of the closed box:


My daughter will get a nice little surprise when she opens her boxes tomorrow!

And now here is my knitted baby duckling:


Isn't he cute?  The pattern came out of the Jean Greenhowe Knitted Animals booklet and was knitted in 8 ply yarn.  This was my first time knitting from one of her patterns and it was really easy to follow and understand.   I have already started knitting another project from the booklet as they are great little projects to do when I watch TV at night.

The little white bucket also came from Woolworths and is very tiny - about 3 inches or 7.5 cm high and again, I just filled it with some shredded tissue paper.

Because the bucket came in a set of 3, I decorated another one with Easter eggs and a cute little bunny bottom on one side - a CASE of one that Sue Nelson did way back in 2007 which you can see here at her gallery at Splitcoaststampers (please note if you are not a member of SCS, you may not be able to see Sue's sample).


I used a Lifestyle Nesting Circle die, a Spellbinders Nesting Oval die and heart punches to do mine.  I did two layers of the hearts for mine and glued on a yarn pom-pom.  Here is a side view:


Thanks for visiting my blog today!  On my next post, I will be sharing the Easter card that I made for my daughter.  Stay tuned!

Jocelyn


Knitted Duck Recipe:

Pattern:  From Crafty Creatures book by Jane Bull

Yarn:  8 ply knitted with 4mm needles

Accessories:  4mm black beads, felt, fabric glue, wool needle, stuffing, Easter takeout boxes (Woolworths), green + yellow shredded tissue paper (Woolworths), ribbon (stash), coloured chicks (Woolworths)


Knitted Baby Duck Recipe:

Pattern:  From Jean Greenhowe's Knitted Animals booklet

Yarn:  8 ply yellow and white yarn knitted with 3mm needles (makes a denser knitted finish than 4mm)

Accessories:  black yarn (for eyes), wool needle, stuffing, white bucket (Woolworths), ribbon (stash), green + yellow shredded tissue paper (Woolworths)


White Bucket decorated with Bunny Bottom:

Accessories:  white bucket (Woolworths), green + yellow shredded tissue paper (Woolworths), Big Shot, Lifestyle Nesting Circles die, Spellbinder Oval Nestabilities die, Carl CP-2 Heart duo punch, Carl CP-1 heart punch, yarn pom-pom (Riot Art and Craft), cardstock - white, pink


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are just fantastic, such a great selection of handmade Easter treats. Have a great Easter xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh how much fun are all these Jobear.... a beautiful gift for your daughter to treasure and enjoy. Love the wee chick.
May the Lord bless you and your dear ones on this day when we rejoice in the great gift of the Lord Jesus for us.
"He is not here, for He has risen as He said. "
Love Shaz in Oz.x

Jackie said...

What a wonderful selection of Easter goodies, I especially love the rainbow chick.
Happy Easter to you and yours :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

So cute! Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Merry said...

What wonderful Easter projects...they are all so cute. i especially like your rabbit bottom on the pail.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...